A Day at the Mall!

 Hey there! I'm happy to report that my group and I have finally started filming. We got together over the weekend and got some filming done. We met up at the Galleria mall to film the mall scenes. This was a good start for us so we could get into the groove of filming. The people who came ended up being me, Lola, Jack, and our friends Nate and Tanner. We all got together at the food court to decide the shops we wanted to film in. The first place we went was Pacsun. We had to talk to the workers at all of the stores to make sure it was okay that we were filming. I was behind the camera while Lola, Nate, Jack, and Tanner acted as a friend group shopping at the store. I gave them directions and made sure we had the right angles to portray our story. Next we went to the Apple store and did a similar process of filming. We repeated this process with two more stores to make sure we had a good amount of takes to use. Only in one store we had some issues with filming and not being allowed, so it worked out pretty well for us. We also wanted to film some scenes just walking around the mall past shops and while doing this Lola came up with a good idea. She suggested we ask the stores for empty bags to make it look like the friend group was really on a shopping spree. We did just that and many stores gave us bags to use! This elevated our film and made it look more put together. Since I was filming I also had to focus on including some moments of foreshadowing by adding in shots that seem disoriented or dizzying. I did a couple of these, mainly focusing on Jack who plays our main character. That is all we could get done on our first day of filming since Lola and I had prior plans in the evening but we plan on filming more throughout the week. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Reflection

Group Blog: Introductions